Monday, October 8, 2012

11 Days Old & 25 months and 3 days

  We have a new addition to our family! Sweet Adelyn Paige joined us on September 27th at 7:28 in the morning. It was the most beautiful birth (in addition to Peyton's!) and quick labor (not Peyton's!). I was so blessed to have an incredible team of midwives who helped me achieve my goal of having a home birth.  I also had an incredible support team of my wonderful husband and sister and mother to encourage me to keep going.  Under 4 hours of labor and she was here. It was simply astounding and then I got to snuggle up in my own bed. Best. Idea. Ever.  Here's a snapshot minutes after giving birth.
 Gabe was home for 10 days and spent the majority of his time with sweet Peyton. She got a lot of daddy time and got to go on dates all week with him.  They went to the Science Center three times, a Puppet Show, the park, the grocery store (for cookies!), swimming, the mall. He was amazing with her all week and allowing me time to recuperate and get my strength back.  I'm thankful for such a wonderful husband who selflessly helped in so many ways. We are really going to miss him going back to work!










 My sister, Alisha, was also here for 2 1/2 weeks and was such a huge help to me before Adelyn was here and after her birth. It was such a joy for me to share that special time with my best friend.  I hate that she lives so far away, but we are committed to seeing each other every few months so our kids will know each other.  Miss her so much already!!
  Now, it's back to work for Gabe and time for me to learn how to do life with two sweet little girls.  I'm thankful for such wonderful family and friends to support me along the way.  Couldn't do it without them!!

No comments: